Japanese iPads to be sim locked

Softbank said May 8th that it will start selling Apple Inc.'s iPad tablet computer in Japan on May 28 under a partnership with the U.S. firm.
Softbank announced a basic model with Wi-Fi wireless Internet access is priced at ¥48,960 and a model that can use Wi-Fi and 3G mobile network service costs ¥58,320. A monthly network usage fee of ¥3,225 is necessary for the 3G model under a two-year contract.

But they also said last wednesday that it has stopped taking orders for Apple Inc.'s iPad tablet computer due to a worldwide supply shortage. Due to the suspension came just two days after Softbank started taking orders ahead of the iPad launch in Japan.

I heard that Son Masayoshi said that softbank will sell iPad to be sim locked.
But I also saw that Apple CEO Steve Jobs said earlier this year;
“Every iPad has Wi-Fi. But we’re also going to have 3G. All the models are unlocked and use new GSM micro SIMs."





















I feel confused.
Anyway, I couldn't make a reservation to buy iPad.
So I'd like to find out whether I should buy or not.

Comments

Popular Posts