Google vs China

In 2008, there were Tibetan unrest and Beijing Olympics, I heard that in China, they can't connect abroad news channel website such as MSNBC, ABC, CNN, and BBC...
And I heard they can't see even Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo, Wikipedia, hotmail and so on.

In addition, I didn't know China government makes censorship about Google.cn results.
In China, they aren't able to search words such as Tibetan issue, Dalai Lama, the Taiwan issue and Tiananmen Square incident.

On Google's blog, they said that Google and at least 20 others were attacked from China in mid-December, evidently to gain access to the e-mail accounts of Chinese human rights activists.
As a result of the attacks, Google has decided it is no longer willing to consider censorship of its Google site in China and may have to shut down its site and its offices in that nation.

But China government has also blocked its site.

I think that the secret of the freedom of expression and the communication is basic rules of the modern citizens society.
I hear China is increasing economy, Internet population, GNP and the sense of existence as a large country. But Chinese government is doing censorship for their benefit.
I think that management and modernization of information are completely opposite direction.
China should accept common sense concerning the Internet in the world.

Comments

Francesco Rossi said…
Well, I think there's a sort of "soft" war between US and China...

Take a look at my blogs... if you like them, follow them!... somethings, especially in "Ostpolitik" is written in Italian, but if you're interested in you can ask me for translations...
Francesco Rossi said…
Thank u for your subscriptions. Enjoy my blogs!!!
aya said…
Francesco! thank you for visiting my blog.
I'm glad to see you! and I'll read your blog later.

Popular Posts