Sukiyaki

It was about ten years ago, I came across the man who was older than me and he loves Karaoke.
Yesterday, I met him in the coincidence.
"I am going to U.S, for twenty days, so I won't meet you this month." I said to him,
"Well, let's go to a karaoke!"
So I and he went to karaoke last night.
He always sung an old songs (probably songs of over 50 years ago).
And I felt so boring and I was tired to hearing because I didn't know their songs.
Almost two hours later, he sung an ending song.
He selected "Sukiyaki Song by Kyu Sakamoto."



I knew his song.
Because I didn't know his song in real time, but my parents always sung this song.
And about twenty years ago, the air plane(JAL) crashed into the ridge of mountain.
524 people were killed in a jet crash on mountain and then only four persons survived.
He was on a boarding list, and then he had been identified.
When we recall our memories about the accident, we always recall this song.

♪I look up when I walk down, down the street all alone.
So tears will not wet my cheeks as I walk along.
I remember the spring days I spent with you,
But now every night I'm left all alone.♪


I felt little sad.
If I wanted to cry, I want to have my cry out.
If I couldn't have my cry out when I wanted to cry, I thought it was unhappy.
Anyway at that time, that was "Japanese aesthetics".

On the other hand, I heard that this song got number one of the American chart.
But I don't know why this song was named "Sukiyaki".

Comments

Popular Posts