people who can't speak English

I chanced to see this show on television, when I came back home last night.
According to Wikipedia, The Amazing Race is a reality television game show in which teams race around the world in competition with other teams.
I knew this show, but I'd never seen before.
But the reason that I didn't change channel were the show focused Tokyo, Japan.
Most contestants couldn't speak Japanese, so they had to have trouble communicating with Japanese.
Because most Japanese can't speak English fluently.
In fact, one of contestants said, "I hate Tokyo because though they are kindness, most Japanese can't understand English."

I felt it can't be helped.
Because the vast majority of Japanese speakers are here in Japan (in a well-defined area).
That is different from English or Spanish are spoken in many different places around the world.
In addition to, we can do speaking only Japanese when we're just working in Japan.
So I think most people in Japan don't necessarily feel a direct need to study English.

That's why I would really like to study English.

Comments

Lotlot said…
Studying English is really a very good CHOICE. You'll not only help other people but yourself also.
There's a very big advantaGE if you study English.
If you're a competitive type of person, then you're not wrong of studying English. Because with this, you're one way ahead from others.

Popular Posts