frog

Recently we(I and my boyfriend) are getting into this painting.






















Morikazu Kumagai is one of the famous painter in Japan.
He lived in shabby house and he lived on like a hermit.
And He didn't want to anything. he declined even the special cultural medal.

"People often asks me what I want to do now or what I hope for, but there's nothing especially, except that I'd want to live longer if I could,"
He said at the age of 91. He was born in Gifu Prefecture in 1880, continued to produce art until the age of 97, and passed away in 1977.
Kumagai's simple and yet absolute shapes were developed through careful analysis, and his colors evolved from a unique vision.
Combining these two aspects, he depicted landscapes, flowers, and small animals. Even today, the world of Kumagai tells us of the joy of life.

I like his painting and his life.
Because he and his painting reminds me of something that we have forgotten.
Anyway we are really thinking about whether or not we should buy.
Though we have not enough money!

Comments

Lotlot said…
I guess the painter wanted to live in simplicity, beauty and happiness. Thus, he made paintings for his happiness and his love for beauty. On the other hand, he chose to live in a shabby house because he was just being himself - a simple person.

I admire him, Aya. How about you?
aya said…
Lota, yeah, you are right.
I think he wanted to live by his own values.
And he just kept doing it.
Therefore his painting gives us beauty and happiness.

Popular Posts