karoshi

When I read this article, my feelings were complicated, confused, and sad.

I can't explain "karoshi" in English.
According to wikipedia, Karoshi (過労死), which can be translated quite literally from Japanese as "death from overwork", is occupational sudden death. The major medical causes of karoshi deaths are heart attack and stroke due to stress.

For me, this is not an uncommon story.
I know other case examples in my immediate environment.
Some people who died because of overwork weren't ruled by labour bureau.
Some people became a disease of the mind.
Some people chose to end their lives.
I don't know why it happened, but I feel really sad when I hear these types of news.
I'm not in no spot to say anything, but I just want to say company work isn't everything.
And I want to cheer on everyone who are fighting against company and government.

Comments

Lotlot said…
I agree with this, Aya, I had a close friend who died because of overwork.

Popular Posts