episode around peach

This weekend, I went to Takayama.
I like that place very much. We go to there twice or three times a year.
We had completely relaxing and refreshing time in there.

There are so many foreign tourist.
Especially I saw people who came from Europe countries.
Because Takayama has acquired 3 stars in the French Michelin practical guidebook“Voyager Pratique Japon”as a must visit sightseeing spot. It also won 3 stars at“MICHELIN Green guide Japon 2009”published in March, 2009.

Anyway, I have two funny episode around peach.

When I went to the Asaichi, which was early-morning market, I bought box of peach. I bought 3 boxes. two of them were for my mother and my sister and one was mine.
I asked market charming grandma that I need to deliver peach to them.
She said yes, and then she gave me delivery order sheet.
When I was writing their address, phone number and so on, foreign tourist came and she wanted to buy peaches.

Market charming grandma spoke only Japanese fluently.
Of course, she was Japanese.
「いらっしゃい〜!美味しい桃だよ〜いくつ欲しい?1つ?2つ?3つか!どれがいい?これ?これ?これもかな?じゃあ、全部で600円ね!」
(May I help you? Those are really delicious peaches. How many peaches do you want? One? Two? or three? Which one do you want? This one? This one, too? So it's totally 600 yen, mom!)
It seemed foreign tourist didn't understand Japanese. But market grandma didn't matter about that.
She gave three peaches to tourist and she waited for payment for it.
Foreign tourist's face was a little confused, but she paid 1000 yen.
When market grandma was preparing change, tourist wanted to change more yummy peach.
But she didn't know whether it was ok or not.
I watched from beginning, I told tourist.
'You can change every peach, and if you want to buy other fruit, I'll tell her.'
Her face looked like really relieve.
It was a relieved look on her face.
And then she changed to other peach.
I was happy with what I had done, and I gave delivery order sheet to market grandma.
And then I said have a great day for market grandma and I left that shop.

Five minutes later, I suddenly realized I had forgotten to pay for three box peaches!! I came back to that shop as soon as possible, I apologized for market grandma a lot. And then I paid for peaches.
Market grandma was really nice person, she said she also didn't notice payment because she was really busy at that time.
And then she gave me more peaches for apology.
I felt humbled a lot, I promised to come back to that shop again and I left that shop again.

-to be continue-


Comments

Popular Posts