Radiation

Japan government announced Tuesday morning that it had raised its rating of the severity of the accident at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station to 7, the worst on an international scale, from 5.
It is as bad as Chernobyl as level 7 reached for 2nd time in history.


I went to Tokyo 2 weeks ago, it was strange sight. Almost electricity was saved on, which were escalator, illuminated signs, electronic scoreboard and even electronic train.
If we went to a convenience store, there were lack of supplies. Automatic vending machine was out of service.
There weren't no tourist and foreigners.

Nagoya is about 500 miles away from Fukushima. We had mild earthquake but radiation is not affected.
But my friend who is high school teacher said that her school has no foreign students in this year. She also told me that although several foreign students were supposed to come there.

I wonder how much foreign countries are fearing about radiation and Japan.
Of course same as us.
But it may be some time, some years before this whole terrible crisis is concluded.
And Fukushima pref. people may not live there any more.
But I still wish it would be better.

There are lots of gloomy news, I'd like to introduce good news.
Some day I want to take a shinkansen from Kagoshima to Aomori.


Comments

Popular Posts