wa ga shi

Actually I really like wagashi.
Wagashi means Japanese traditional cake.
In Japan, we are able to feel four seasons.
The four seasons of the year are important for Japanese.
Especially, we're able to feel during any season though the foods.
For example, recently I and my boyfriend ate ayu(), which are one of the tastiest of all river fish.
Just the word "ayu" will evoke wistful thoughts of early summer in many Japanese.

Speaking of the beginning of summer, we(I and my BF) are looking forward to meet seasonable wagashi for the first time in almost a year.
It's called "bekkoukan(鼈甲羹)".
It's so difficult to write Chinese characters!
One of the famous Japanese cake store owner called to me, "Today, we started to sell first bekkoukan in this year."
And then we run to the store, bought some bekkoukans and ate them!
It was soooo fabulous!!


Comments

Lotlot said…
I feel hungry while looking at this delicious food.

Popular Posts