氷点

When I was a student, I loved books.
I read almost book a day, I was always enjoying to feel character's feelings.
I thought I wanted even to become a book actually.

I don't know why, but I have not read book so long time.
Recently I am reading books in English.
Yesterday I introduced "Who moved my cheese" was really inspired to me.
I wondered I want to read more books.
On the other hand, I and my co-worker discussed about Ayako Miura who was one of the famous writer in Japan.

According to wikipedia, Ayako Miura was born in the town of Asahikawa, on Hokkaido in 1922, and she remained there for the rest of her life, even after becoming a best-selling writer.
The influence of the Bible is also a major element in her works.
She contracted tuberculosis, then caries of the spine, which confined her to bed for thirteen years, seven of them in a body cast that restricted all movement.
She became a confirmed Nihilist until she was converted to the (Protestant) Christian faith.
The themes she explores in her novels are primarily Biblical themes: human depravity and egoism on the one hand, and sacrifice and forgiveness of sin on the other.

I've read 氷点(freezing point) which was very known as her best novel when I was a student.
But I've completely forgotten its contents.
My colleague said,
"Her books is so kindhearted, beautiful and impressive.
By the way, your name and my name are both "Aya".
So I think we suppose to be so kind and beautiful!"
I didn't think agree with her opinion at all, but I thought I want to read her books.

And now I'm reading book in Japanese. It is a first time in a decade!
I feel what a beautiful Japanese text she wrote.
I feel her heart was so beautiful, that's why she could write such a beautiful letters.
Then I recalled my feelings at that time.

A book is a gift you can open again and again.

Comments

Lotlot said…
" By the way, your name and my name are both "Aya".
So I think we suppose to be so kind and beautiful!"
I didn't think agree with her opinion at all, but I thought I want to read her books."...I like these lines, Aya!.
I agree with the writer.

Popular Posts