Christian again

I want to tell more about Christian.
Because I saw the video at MSNBC last week.
They introduced this video clicked 3 million times on YouTube.
I looked into about Christian on Wikipedia.
According to Wikipedia, two men who lived in London bought lion from Harrods department store.
Their name were John and Anthony. They cared the lion named Christian until it was a year old.
But Christian's increasing size and the cost of looking after him led them to the realization that they couldn't keep him in London for much longer.
So they asked George Adamson who was the Kenyan conservationist to assist him.
And he agreed to help them rehabilitate Christian into the wild.
First, Adamson slowly introduced Christian to an older lion, subsequently to a female cub and in order to form the nucleus of a new pride.
After several years, his approach was successful.
And Adamson hadn't seen Christian's pride for nine month.
John and Anthony wanted to travel to Kenya and they wanted to say good-bye to Christian.
Adamson said "No way, I haven't seen him for nine month. It would be a wasted trip."
However they finally discovered his pride and Christian.
They called his name.
First he stood up and started to walk toward them very slowly.
Next as if he had become convinced it was them, and then he ran towards them.
Finally he jumped, knocked, and hugged to them.

Surprisingly, it was taken this video over thirty years ago.
But even now we are deeply touched by this video.
It express a relationship between animals and human beings.
I feel that we won't imagine lion's jumping and hugging.
However Christian put it filled with pleasure like human being.
I think that's why a lot of people was touched by this video.

Comments

Shin Ogasawara said…
Aya,
Great job of writing about Christian.
I like pictures of him. He looks really naughty.
aya said…
Shin
Thanks for putting your comment.
and I'm sorry that I couldn't take lesson today.
As you know, I am getting ready for recording.
But i'm nervous, but I'm looking forward to meet this Friday.
Lotlot said…
I was also touched when I watched the video.
I never expected that christian could recognize them.
On the other hand, I observed that you're getting better and better in writing, specifically in the choice of topic to write and in grammar..congratulations, Aya!
Anonymous said…
Aya,Nice to meet you.
I saw a video about Christian on Youtube.
It was a very touching movie.

After I watched the video,I want to see my best friend and my favorite family...
This video made me happy.

Thank you for telling about Christian!!

Popular Posts