gold medal

Olympic games have started in Beijing.
Actually, I'm not so interested in Olympic games, but my co-worker spoke to me in my office.
"Kitajima took the 100m breaststroke on swimming gold medal and he established new world record!"

Kitajima is gold medalist 100m and 200m breaststroke in Athens in 2004.
But after four years he was fighting a lot of things.
That means his rivals, pressure, injuries, expectation around his surround and even problem of swim suit (LZR RACER swim suit is manufactured by Speedo).
I assumed it was so painful if he were I.
However he won.
When interviewer asked him just after swimming race, he couldn't answer because he was crying.
After that he told about his mind in the interview.
「超気持ちいいっす!」"I feel good very much!"
I thought he has spent painful time for four years, that's why he was able to achieve this phrase.

Comments

Lotlot said…
Thanks for the information, Aya!

Anyway, did you watch the opening of the olympics?
It was wonderful, right? The fireworks were fantastic.

Popular Posts