Bon Festival

In Japan, last week was Obon holiday week.
Many people receive company holidays during the Bon period and go back to their hometowns. Then they visit their ancestral graves and make offerings of flowers and incense. Because it is believed these spirits return to their families during the period.
However my office was open, I was almost spending every day just like usually.
But all friends and my family are holiday, I spent with my friends and families every day.
So I had feeling that I spent holiday.
In addition, last week was experiencing record high temperatures. Temperatures had reached 40 degrees centigrade. And it is still continued this week.
I can’t believe it!
Though I don’t know whether it is reason or not, I didn’t take an interest in English.

Anyway I enjoyed Obon week.
I went to the museum where Okabe Mineo exhibition was opened.
I also went to the museum of meiji-mura with my younger sister and her daughter.
















And I and my friend went to see the movie that we expected to open to the public in Japan.
Therefore I have to study hard English!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aya,
It's sad to know that you were working during the holiday there; but, it was not that bad because you were able to spend it with your family and friends.
One thing, you really belong to a family of tall and beautiful. You, your sister and your niece are beautiful, tall and elegant in the picture. How much more in person?

Lota

Popular Posts