jobs

I want to write more detail.

the other day, I wrote I want to be a book.
It is true.
It mean I want to be words, sentences or stories something like that.
I know this is impossible thing, but I am feeling this is the best way to relate between other people and me.
In Japan, there are the word "言霊 (Kotodama)".
We have a traditional belief that mystical powers dwell in words and names.
English translations include "soul of language", "spirit of language", "power of language".
When we are talking or writing about something, it become reality.
For example, I am writing this blog, so I am feeling more like the words that are written are my own.
Because words is important, so we have to think about it when we write own opinion.
I can't explain the reason for you. but I think I want to be a book.

A few years ago, I watched this inspired speech on the Internet.
At that time, I couldn't understand completely his speech because it was in English.
But I had a impressive sentence.
Since then, I'm usually thinking about "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?"
I've never been "Yes" in my life.

Last lesson Shin gave me a homework for me.
I met the speech again.
This is the text of the Commencement address by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer and of Pixar Animation Studios, delivered on June 12, 2005.
I read the text again, and I feel it is deeply touched in my heart again.

Comments

Lotlot said…
Hi, Aya!
I listened to his speech,and I was deeply touched. It was very inspiring and worth pondering.
By the way, I now get what you mean? Why you like to be a book?
Unknown said…
I really enjoyed reading your blog and then I sat and listened to the Commencement speech and was totally blown away by that, thank you for posting it. I look at your words, about wanting to be a book and I found something I wrote and wanted to share with you...
Because of things that have happened in my life I have reached a few conclusions. Everyone's life is like a book. When new, we have a glow. Our pages are slow to open and we are treated with great care as to not get any damage. As we age our pages are easier to open because of life experiences our covers are no longer undamaged but it is what is inside that matters most. There are people that have incredible covers without any real pages inside. But there are people with average covers but pages that are so full of life that only get better every time they are read.
I think your life will be an epic adventure. People like myself find joy in your words and like your cover as well.
Everything that happens to us is a result of living in a system of chaos, but the beauty lies in the fact that we are still here. Immortality is not something you attain but is something that is given to you by those who are touched by your words and keep them alive long after we are gone.
Long live your words.
Thanks for sharing your blog and your words.
Have a great day and an even better new year.
The Chaotic Libra
aya said…
Thank you for your comment!
I am studying English, so I might make a mistake your word.
I was really strongly impressed to your word.
I'd like to be a book that old, damaged, easier to open and life full of experience.
Have a great day and best wishes for a very happy new year!

Popular Posts