GUJI

I live in Aichi Prefecture, which is located in the central region of Japan.
therefore, our city hosted DOMANNAKA festival last weekend.
Officials say DOMANNAKA means right in the middle of Japan, so the reason why we have a festival is clear.
Anyhow, I live in Japan, but I don't know other areas of the Japan.

This early morning, my boyfriend sent me e-mail by mobile phone.
"Good Morning! If you are getting up, you should see NHK television. Have a good day!"
NHK is Japan's public broadcaster.
I thought,
NHK? I hardly ever see NHK.in addition, It is 6 AM now.
I don't think that NHK have an interesting program in a early morning on Sunday.
But I replied him, "Good morning, too. thank you for your e-mail. I'd like to see TV."
Then I turned on the television, and I tuned in to a program of NHK.
I saw the program about food.
this week's topic is GUJI.
GUJI is a dialect in the Kinki region, that means to be related to sea-bream.
I've never seen GUJI, I saw it for the first time on TV.

I have an antique that makes GUJI a motif.
When I saw GUJI for the first time on TV, I surprised because it looked like the real thing too much.
And then I thought I want to see real GUJI.
Moreover, I'd like to eat GUJI.

Comments

Anonymous said…
...me too would like to see a real Guji and eat as well...

Popular Posts