a late summer vacation

Actually I finished my job last Friday.
I felt fulfilled with a great pleasure.
And I also felt a little sad.

My boss can't function without SOROBAN.
SOROBAN is a Japanese-modified version of the Chinese abacus.
When I was a child, I took after-school SOROBAN lessons.
We learned how to calculate addition, subtraction, multiplicative and division by SOROBAN.
But now, we have a computer that is more accurate than a SOROBAN at all.
However he believed his skill of SOROBAN than computer.
Moreover he can't use computer..
Eventually he always makes a mistake in the figure.
I didn't like him and I thought he also didn't like me.
But at the last day, I was given farewell gift by him.
I was so suprised because it was an too expensive thing to present it to the colleague!
I reflected on my past conduct against him.





















And then I am enjoying my late summer long vacation.
Next week I will be going to U.S. for 3 weeks!
I am feeling so nervous.
But I will enjoy it very much!

Comments

Anonymous said…
There are really times when our impressions are wrong and you'll just realize it in the end. Just like with your impression towards your boss. Anyway, good luck for your travel in the U.S. I hope you'll enjoy your stay there. Don't get nervous because YOU CAN MAKE IT, Aya!

Popular Posts