仏縁 butsu-en

I have been keeping pretty busy everyday since I came back to Japan.
I was supposed to go to an employment agency, a bank and my parents home.
In addition to I got a jet lag, so I wasn't back to normal life yet.

I got an e-mail from Frank on such an occasion.
He is a friend who Shin introduced to me in L.A..
I was taken into care by him in L.A..
He wrote to me that he'll be going to Japan, so we need to meet each other.
He is also a Buddhist, so he invite to me that I should hear his teacher's lecture about Buddha.
I finally decided participation though I hesitated.
Because it was interested about his saying.

And then I was really really surprised.
Maybe as for me, this experience was surprised more than several weeks spent in U.S..
It might be the most surprised thing in my life.
There were a lot of people, huge auditorium and particular atmosphere.
I've never had such an experience. It was a first experience in my life.
I was able to understand gradually though I was puzzled at first.
Then I enjoyed his lecture about Buddha.
I knew about the base story of Buddha, so I felt familiarity with his lecture.
Because my grandmother kept saying the same Buddhist scriptures over and over when I was child.
It was same Buddhist scriptures.

Anyway, I enjoyed everything.
At the last He said to me "We had a Butsu-en. It's means 'connection of Buddha'."
I'm not a pious buddhist, but I understand what he want to say.

Comments

Lotlot said…
You know what Aya, maybe one of the reasons why you were destined to have a vacation in the U.S is..so that you'll know Buddha better. Moreover, to meet more people who worship and adore Buddha.
I can say that your vacation there is completely memorable. As well as, a great adventure not only with the nice places you've been through but also with Buddha.
I envy you Aya. Your vacation in the U.S is indeed perfect!

Popular Posts