Children and the Internet

Wow, according to this article, one third internet users around the world is a child. And they get benefits from the internet, at same time, they may face risks.

When I was a child, we don't connect any digital world. If I wanted to get some information, I just went to library and look into the information that I wanted to know. I know nowadays, it is completely different world. My niece and nephew know about everything how to use iPhone and computer even I don't teach those devices. For them, using iPhone or computer is absolutely ordinary activity. All the more reason, we need to realize there is risks like children’s private information, access to harmful content and cyberbullying.

If we leak personal information on the internet, we will never get it back again. We should know both advantage and disadvantage to using the internet especially for children. And we should teach them. Because there is no way to undo what happened.


Comments

Popular Posts