Fukubukuro

Most of people who live in the first world love shopping. In Japan, on the 2nd January means it starts a clearance sale. It’s sort of war. Today, I forgot it and just went out for a coffee. And I just got into it. It was completely mess. Basically I love shopping. It brings me not only the physical things but happiness and satisfactory. But not for sale. It’s just pain and confusion. So I don't like shopping on the 2nd January.

Especially shopping for lucky bags. We call it as a Fukubukuro. Fukubukuro is a Japanese New Year custom in which merchants make grab bags filled with unknown random contents and sell them for a substantial discount, usually 50% or more off the list price of the items contained within. Sometimes people line up long hours for take it. But it turns out that it might be the unwanted things.

Anyway there were extraordinary many people at shopping district. I just bought some foodstuffs and got home.

Comments

Popular Posts